I'm starting to feel a bit stir-crazy staying in the apartment while the sun shines in the crisp cold air outside. The scientific reasons for the Chinese tradition of women needing to stay indoors/home for a whole month postpartum are lost to me... I see pictures of people hiking the Carmel National Park (10 minutes bus ride on the 37 aleph) and Tu Bishvat parties going on tonight, among other things, on Facebook and I feel even more trapped. Not that I really want people to see me... Every time I look into the mirror lately, I cringe.
This kind of quiet life, so jarring to me during Declan's newborn days, is a bit more palatable the second time around. I wonder why. Not that I'm complaining...too much. I'm glad Petra sleeps most of the night, lying on my chest while I nap on the living room couch. I'm even able to finish the book for an upcoming book club meeting on February 20 without dozing off due to baby fatigue.
Still waiting for my body to recover. Wondering if I'll ever be able to really run again. Or participate in ultimate frisbee games on Fridays at the Technion. Or climbing for free on Sunday nights.
No comments:
Post a Comment