Wednesday, January 9, 2013

rain, rain...

Well, I couldn't very well say "go away," because rain is a very good thing for Israel.

But apparently this is the wettest winter in Israel's history, only topped by the winter 25 years ago.

And the scary storm that rendered me an insomniac from 2am until 6:30am Monday night also tore a piece of wood off the table placed in the balcony. The piece of wood has now disappeared, and we'll have to tell our landlord.

Also, I finally insisted that we turn on our central heating already instead "waiting until the baby arrives." No reason to add another point of motivation why I want this baby out of me bloody now dammit. But then we discovered that the central heating system in our apartment blows the fuse about five minutes in whenever we turned it on. Even with just the two space heaters confined to our living room, the fuse blows every now and then.

Winter in Israel, without proper heating and well-fitted rain boots (which I'll like to get after I'm no longer pregnant and can actually bend down to put on my hopefully non-swollen feet), is absolutely miserable.

I hope the newborn won't get sick from having to live in a really cold place. This is also putting a damper on Declan's potty training as I can't let him run around butt naked for as long since it's too cold.

A silver lining: I snipped off the end of a pair of socks that always make Declan fall when he wore them. Now they serve very well as his leg warmers. Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...