I've been trying to complete writing Petra's birth story, but it feels kind of drag-y...just going on and on. At this rate, I should just give a military minute-by-minute memo of what happened.
Also, part of the reason why I'm letting the story sit for now is because I came to some new realizations after my midwife and I talked about it some more during her last visit. Basically, I had felt that the second labor (compared to with Declan) was much harder. And I had speculated why. I think these conjectures still hold true, but Mindy's talk with me made me realize that part of it was also that I was so much more engaged and fully present during Petra's birth. With full presence comes fuller awareness of all the sensations. Naturally, that made the labor feel harder. But was it really in the objective sense? Feelings being subjective, I would say labor with Petra was in fact harder--if we focus purely on how much feelings I register. But, objectively, if we focus on pain as units of measurement, I would say that labor with Petra was in fact 100x easier as I "paid" the full price upfront instead of accruing any debts to be faced with later.
This takes some explaining, and I hope to do so at a later time. Right now, I want to catch up on quality "alone" (with a newborn) time with Daniel while Declan is away at a train park near Petra's birth town with Kirsten and Or, who are graciously baby-sitting him for the day since they get a day off from work due to Israel's Election Day.
No comments:
Post a Comment