The kids came by, the usual nightly visits at the postpartum center. I was rubbing Petra's back as we read a magazine together, when I felt something bumpy under her shirt. Lifting her shirt to take a look, I see a rash of small blisters across her torso.
Chicken pox.
There's been an outbreak of it two weeks ago at a magnet school in Hsinchu, and two of Petra's classmates got it. Two weeks is about the period of time it takes for the infection to show itself in the form of a telltale rash.
It's probably a matter of time before Declan breaks out too.
When does life get easier? It just feels like it's one thing after another.
Poor Daniel; he's going to have to miss more work time while the kids now must stay out of school for a week at least.
Ugh. At least I'm not pregnant anymore. Read some gnarly stuff about how the varicella virus can get through the placenta and really mess up the fetus. Thank God for big blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment