Friday, November 25, 2016

oops (an interlude)

I've said at the end of my last post that this entry will be about the food at the postpartum care center. However, I've been so hungry today that I finished devouring my breakfast and lunch before I remembered I was supposed to take pictures. Today's offerings have been especially good, with a rice burger for breakfast and a hefty lamb chop included for lunch (which Daniel ate, because he loves lamb).

So I'll try again tomorrow. In the meantime, I just want to say how much I appreciate the nursery staff as backup for baby care. This morning was my wellness check back at the air force hospital; I worried since last night about how I should care for Jude given the unpredictable wait time at the clinic (an unavoidable feature of socialized health care). As it turned out, I nursed him right before we left the center, pumped 30ml of milk to tide him over just in case, and he hung out at the nursery until I returned two hours later. So much nicer than hauling him in the car to the hospital and back. He got a bath and wellness check while I was gone.

ze trolley

I found this trolley system by the nursery quite ingenious. Every baby is assigned one trolley immediately upon check-in. At the nursery, each baby stayed in his own trolley bassinet, and any medical information/note on baby care is stored via post-it at the head of the bassinet. Below the bassinet is the wash basin, diapers, baby wipe, and plastic tent to pitch over the baby's face during transit between the mother's room and the nursery. Hanging to the side is a caddy filled with alcohol disinfectant for adult hands, butt balm and cotton stick, and paper to record each nursing and diaper changing time so the staff knows how long and when the baby has eaten recently. Because Jude stays in my room most of the time, the staff has also included an extra set of baby clothes for the times when Jude pees all over himself while I am changing his diaper (happened about twice now). 

So organized. I want a trolley for at home now.

As for the wellness checkup at the clinic this morning, uggggh.... The doctor prescribed me some Ergonovine, which would cause uterine contractions to pass the lasts of the blood clots. I might hold off on taking it if my body can get the job done much more gently albeit in a longer period of time. I dislike medical interventions/assistance unless absolutely necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...