Friday, December 12, 2014

uninspired

Ever since Daniel came back from Naples, I've been feeling by turns angry, disappointed, depressed...with Daniel, my life, our relationship... It kind of reminds me of my body's tendency to get sick/break down after--and only after--finals season. Both when I was a student and when I was a teacher. It's like my body waits and waits and waits during times of real stress and need to push through, but it doesn't forget--my vindictive pack of DNA--and must inflict a price upon me for not sleeping as much, eating as well, or generally fudging on my physical welfare. Perhaps now is that trend also, on an emotional front.

I just feel so bored being a stay-at-home mom. And I feel horrible saying that because there's definitely enough chores to do every single day (oftentimes one must do the same chores at least *three* times a day--yeehaw!) to keep me very, very busy. There are in the end several kinds of busy-ness: tedious, mind-numbing, spirit-exhausting, or invigorating, worthwhile, exciting.

Perhaps I'm feeling ungrateful.

Anyhow, I've decided to try to really focus on learning some new languages again. At first it was a whole slew of possibilities, given a tremendous amount of free language learning apps nowadays. After dabbling in a few options most of this morning, I'm choosing to focus on Japanese and Hebrew for now. Arabic and Spanish will have to wait until I can start to make out my Israeli friends' social media posts without needing Bing or Google translators.

All righty then. That gives me a little something to look forward to besides cheering Petra on and then cleaning out her potty, which is, okay, actually kind of exciting that she's enjoying the beginning of toilet training.

How I feel about my days most of the time

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...