Trying to get back into a daily routine again that I actually feel interested in... Petra is definitely steamrolling right into the toddler phase, reminding me again of how irrational and tyrannical toddlers can be. (And how Rousseau clearly never even visited any of his many children with various lovers, at least not when they were toddlers.)
Besides running ~30 minutes whenever Daniel can watch the kids, I have declared in my last post about setting out to study Japanese, Hebrew, Arabic, and Spanish. So I eventually went one step further in trying to use the language apps for said languages daily....and discovered that I'm actually not that motivated to learn Japanese or Spanish right now. They're both pretty useful languages to learn if I were to live in Taiwan and the US, respectively, and yet my heart's not in it. Very odd. Instead, I've returned to a site I used to use quite a lot: Duolingo and resumed practicing French. Daniel gets one sabbatical year every three years at his current university, and we've discussed living abroad either in Israel or Belgium during that year. I would have to homeschool Declan, which should be fine for first grade, and that would also mean that knowing French could be useful since Jews from France are emigrating to Israel at a large rate / the part of Belgium in question is French-speaking.
I've also tested some Hebrew resources online. Between the more seriously-looking Ulpanet and the more commercial-seeming Hebrewpod101, I've decided to use the latter as the former can get kind of laborious in manual input for doing exercises online. The most important thing right now for me is what is going to keep me consistently clocking in for daily lessons/practices. Just like running.
So language studies plan, revised: 30 minutes each day of French and Hebrew via Duolingo and Hebrewpod101, respectively. Still on the lookout for Arabic learning resource that doesn't push an Islamist agenda and is of the Levant dialect.
No comments:
Post a Comment