Sunday, November 10, 2013

this weekend was a good one

Hanging out with Mark, who caught the train up from Tel Aviv, and Daniel bringing home some shepherd's pie he'd ordered from The Duke as part of dinner with Mark while I stayed home to watch over the sleeping baby...

Debating past midnight regarding social issues, like in university and grad school...

Efficiently completing the usual Friday run to the organic shuk, supermarket, and pharmacy (plus the post office this time), even though it did make us 50 minutes late for the free live concert by the Oy Division down at the Turkish Market. By the time we got there, the band was just wrapping up their last song. But I ended up supporting a local artisan and got two headbands for myself and a birthday gift for Sarah...

Discovering that coffee tastes fantastic with the addition of sweetened condensed milk...

Agreeing to Daniel's suggestion of driving the car to Kehilat HaCarmel and actually having a really satisfying visit to the Messianic congregation. I think it's because I went in the spirit of just wondering if God will be there and not expecting much of anybody including myself. The baby fell asleep towards the tail end of the song worship portion, so I got to listen to the interesting sermon without any distractions. Declan had fun playing with Anna's kids and I got to catch up a little bit with her as well. Daniel and I also discovered the craftsmanship of Kerem Creations, which is a really neat endeavor...

Making a quick lunch out of pasta dressed with an improvised sauce composed of avocado, garlic, dill, cilantro, green onion, tuna, and olive oil in the food processor, with lemon, sesame oil, salt, and pepper to taste...

Taking a nice late afternoon walk down Moriyah Street with Declan in the Ergo and Petra in the Beco...

Seeing a (live!) sheep overlooking traffic from a third floor mirpeset / a W.C. sign with the stick figure person barfing into an abstract toilet / a Chinaman statue made of china and a 1700s-style clock in the window display of an antique shop / a real ticket to a June 1942 concert of the Palestine Orchestra in Haifa as part of the table decor at Cafe Brussels / Recognizing the Hebrew for Cafe Brussels, which was hosting a secondhand clothing sale...

Paying five shekels for a perfect summer skirt and twelve shekels for a one-shoulder clingy black dressy shirt, plus being gifted with a free random sheet of Chinese character tattoos...

Playing in the dusk and eventual darkness at the small play area on the route halfway home, with Petra cackling every time she saw her brother and Declan yelling happily, "Again!" after he held Petra in his lap and Daniel helped them both slide safely down from the one play set...

Reading several stories with Declan after making a vegetable curry eaten over coconut rice for dinner...

And now I'm staying up way too late and it looks to be a busy week starting tomorrow until we leave for Italy next weekend, so I best be heading to bed. Daniel thinks my major illness this past week might be polio (since Israel stepped up an OPV campaign after detecting the virus in the water supply this past summer). If so, I better get more sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...