Back in Israel.
A part of me is already missing Taiwan, another part of me is very happy to be back. Life in Israel now is my family's "real life" -- although one never really gets a break as a parent of very young children, Taiwan still had a vacation-esque feel to it the whole time I was there because of the convenience and family support. I never cooked a single meal in the entire two months we were there. I washed utensils, like, four times.
We are in our new apartment, which is now the archetype of my Perfect Family Apartment. It's the perfect size, the perfect layout, the perfect view... I need to organize and unpack everything still, but once I can, I'll include some pictures here for posterity.
Now, to unpack. Petra's been sick for quite a while now, and so as long as she's awake, I get very little done aside from holding her so she wouldn't wail and/or scream angrily at my neglectful agenda of, say, feeding myself, among other things. She just took two fussy hours to go down for a nap that she sorely needs, and I must seize this momentary freedom.
No comments:
Post a Comment