I have decided that, yes, I will start learning Italian in earnest. Italy is a worthy country in which to vacation, and would hopefully be the country of choice specifically for our family's vacationing purposes. I would still not want to live there as an ordinary resident. People there are too relaxed for me.
First time in Germany. It's like a future utopia/dreamland. I met some students studying from China at the Universtat Bielefeld, where I am right now. It must be like dying and going to heaven, living standard-wise. It's so difficult for me to wrap my mind around the fact that this beautiful country with such an impressive culture of environmental-loving, strong work ethics, excellence and efficiency in seemingly everything they do and have could have such a dark history in the not-so-distant past.
Also, Chomsky is wrong to say that anti-Semitism as we understood it no longer exists. Maybe not in the US, but several incidents during my current travels in Europe due simply to my connection to Israel have made me painfully aware of this.
Too busy taking care of the children every day to write more for now. Hopefully I'll be able to reflect more in writing later.
No comments:
Post a Comment