I wish that I could be in Pittsburgh right now, and take Declan exploring through Frick Park or Schenley Park every morning. Imagining the two of us heaping golden leaf piles and "hiking" with sticks, as well as stumbling upon deer nests.
I wish I could have made Jess' Rwanda photo gallery show, and hung out with other friends. Enjoying the music and cookies and cool autumn weather in a light sweater.
I wish I could make fall dishes like pumpkin soup and pumpkin cookies and pumpkin pies. Using the crockpot to make stew and briskets, etc.
I wish I have good friends to visit on weeknights and a church community to immerse myself in during the weekend.
I wish it's not such a struggle to meet up with potential new friends due to my limited physical capacity during this really uncomfortable pregnancy and my unfamiliarity with the bus system here. Looking up destinations with the Egged website is really not that easy, even with English translation. The conversation I had just now in order to find a ride to an English book club makes me just want to give up altogether. Could I have highlighted my airheadedness and ineptitude at living life here any better?
* * *
I am thankful to know *some* people in Haifa that also likes Declan. Like Kirsten and Or, Mark who would visit from Tel Aviv, and some of the moms I'm getting to know at Monday and Wednesday Mommy and Me classes.
I am thankful for a fairly reliable babysitter that Declan likes to play with, who comes on Sunday and Thursday mornings for three hours.
I am thankful that we have enough money to live on, even though the cost of living in Israel is incredibly high.
I am thankful for this large apartment that should be sufficient even when the new baby comes.
I am thankful that Declan's starting to communicate with words and learning to use the toilet pretty well.
No comments:
Post a Comment