Sunday, July 22, 2012

so how does it feel...

... to be 30?

My husband asked me that yesterday while we were walking to Master Fung, a typical Taiwanese bakery constantly stocked with pastries not available anywhere else but Taiwan.

Well, in living about a week of this new decade so far, I feel mostly a desire to be at peace with everyone I've ever known.  Maybe because I feel like I'm truly an adult now, and need to be mature, and not be hung up about past slights be them big or small. I've wronged some people, and been wronged by some others, and now that my innate snarkiness and judgmentality seem less and less appropriate for someone who must depend on the grace of God daily, I want to be able to think kindly of others and not have them harbor anger or hurt when they think of me either.

To that end, I've been reflecting on relationships that might need mending, and am working on approaching the people thereof. Several of them are ex-boyfriends.  I am well aware that some of the people I reach out to would rather not have anything to do with me ever again, but at least it won't be because of my own hardness of heart.

People are important. Perhaps the most important subjects in this world.

1 comment:

  1. It is so interesting for me to read this assessment of yourself, as I always think of you as one of the kindest, least judgemental people I've known. I completely relate with those feelings of wanting to make peace with people from the past. It is always nice to feel that one is not alone in feelings like this!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...