I'm so thankful for so many things right now.
I'm thankful that the blood clot appears to be absorbing into my body so that it's less likely the placenta abruption will get bigger. This is after the doctor had told me to be prepared for the baby to die about three weeks ago.
I'm thankful that I'm allowed to move around even if just slowly, with the doctor's permission. If the medical establishment, which tends to be overly cautious about pregnancy, gives the go-ahead, I do have that extra dose of assurance.
I'm thankful that I was able to go for a crawling swim yesterday. It felt so good to be in the pool.
I'm especially thankful that I can go back to cooking for everyone at home. That the organic produce store I order from called ahead to deliver due to the incoming typhoon and the deliveryman volunteered without prompting to carry a whole box of groceries up the five flights to my apartment door because he'd remembered that I'm pregnant from an exchange more than two months ago. It's so wonderful to have a reliable, ethical food source with thoughtful customer service. Sure it's a little pricier than the traditional markets, but accounting for everything it's worth it. Plus with the hard winter and now typhoon, produce prices have been skyrocketing from other sources anyway.
It makes me really happy to be more active, and to be able to watch my family eat, knowing nothing but the best ingredients cooked in a healthful way are nourishing their physical well-being.
Thank you, God, thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment