Thursday, March 5, 2015

an interlude by a writer's block

So of course last night's tranquility was not to be taken for granted. I very rarely stop looking over my shoulder during times of relatively more ease to just enjoy the moment. I did so last night. Then I remembered this morning that I have a document for something due sometime today. I am an extremely slow typer in Chinese, not to mention my insecurity about more formal Chinese grammar, etc. Now it's 11pm and I've just managed to sneak out of the mosquito-netting-encased bed wherein my son sleeps and in which he still insists every night that one of the parental units must be present at least until he falls asleep. It took him about 1.5 hours tonight. I was getting a backache and very little done in the bed, so I must now brave the hungry mosquitoes that had hitherto been whining longingly on the other side of the net.

Must get document done...must...argh...

On the bright side, I finally rearranged Declan's toys and books vs. my ad-hoc "kitchen" area as well as changing the lighting elements around the apartment so that everything feels more efficient/neater/more aesthetically pleasing. Hooray for that. Too bad we didn't do it this way right from the start. Live and learn.

Back to writing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...