Tuesday, October 9, 2012

enjoying organic, local, and seasonal produce via israel's community-supported agriculture

I'm so excited and glad that I had not put off calling back the CSA referred by Noga to iron out the possibility of my family's subscription. One of the things I was really bummed about in having to leave Pittsburgh was relinquishing my jobs as a pickup point person for two local farms. One of them pay in cash and any leftover produce box that any customer fails to pick up that day, and the other one pays in one subscription that introduced me to sweet local strawberries, brussel sprouts, rutabagas, beets, and other vegetables/fruits that I would never have tried or enjoyed if my only food source was the supermarket.

When I made the call this morning, the delivery people were just about to head out and make their Haifa deliveries, which happens on Tuesdays. I'm also thankful that Daniel had gotten American Express prepaid cards that I was able to use to make payments with as a regular customer, because the only way to pay this farm was via credit card over the phone. Makes sense that they don't want their delivery people to be loaded down with cash as they make their rounds.

A few things happened recently that seem to be direct responses to a recent query/rant/complaint to God by me while "in the pit of despair."  I hope to elaborate later for my own posterity. Right now, I need to wash Declan's butt and try to put him down for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...