Sunday, June 3, 2012

visiting daniel's family

Last night, Daniel roasted some Kona beans in preparation for morning coffee with his dad and his brother Brian, who was arriving around 1am via Amtrak from Chicago. After we came back from frozen custard with Daniel's mom and sister, Daniel opened the jar of roasted beans, tilted it towards me, and said, "Here, smell!" I inhaled the strong scent of fresh coffee beans, and promptly dry heaved and then, on the third time, vomited my dessert into the kitchen garbage can.

Morning sickness is officially upon me, and pregnancy fatigue as well. It feels like the nausea is much stronger and sooner to surface than the last time. I'm glad for Declan's nap times, which I now partake with him.

The visit to Carbondale so far has been very good. Aside from the task of sorting through all of our stored belongings--which Daniel's handling mostly while I moan on the sofa--and a 60 page long manuscript I'm supposed to be editing before Wednesday at the very latest (sigh...I really should get started on that), Daniel's family's been wonderfully kind about playing with Declan and keeping him occupied so I could rest more. I am dreading returning to Seattle after this visit and going back to being the sole caretaker of Declan while Daniel goes on a business trip.

Well, let's live in the present, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...