Friday, May 18, 2012

a rough patch

Not sure what's going on, but Declan's bedtime lately has become something I really, really dread. In short, it usually takes two hours of major drama for him to finally sleep, after many tears from both the toddler and parental parties. Sigh.

I feel like my days are completely held hostage by my son. I love him, of course I do. But I would love to be able to have some time to myself at night. Or better, some time with his dad at night, to catch up on a new BBC show I came upon at the library that I would really like to watch as many episodes as possible before we leave the States.

I should be thankful that at least Declan's not ill. That it's most likely just a sign he's reaching another developmental milestone--but quel night!

And the other consolation is that, finally, after three months of going to the Y mostly daily, I'm starting to feel my running mojo coming back. My love for running is returning. Now if only I have more opportunities to cruise around Green Lake before we leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...