Sunday, April 8, 2012

holy saturday 2012

The most perfect day.

Lots of sunshine. The sky an uninterrupted blue. Walking along the skybridge towards the Wallingford farmers' market, both Declan and I couldn't stop looking up at the sky, at how clear it was.

Stopped by the University park before we hit the market. Declan cackled excitedly as he climbed unto the jungle gym and slid down the large blue covered slide...repeat ad infinitum, or until Daniel saw the glazed tired look in Declan's eyes, and decided enough was enough. The latter screamed unhappily as he was forced to part with his giant toy fixture. We distracted him with the falling cherry blossom petals that were drifting off like perfect snowflakes from their tree branches. I was amused by how Declan crawled under the series of ever-lowered wood stairs of the gym.

Bought some salmon caviar directly from the fisherman. One more dish for Easter dinner with Christy, Eddie, and his girlfriend: scrambled eggs with green onions we'd grown ourselves, garnished with caviar. I'll also be trying to serve artichokes from the first time ever.

After Declan's usual 1.5-hour-long nap time, I wistfully paused my reading of The Jewel of the Kalderash (my new favorite series...I stumbled upon it and decided to try it simply because the female main character has the girl name I would like to name any potential daughter) so that we could take advantage of the sunlight some more. The University of Washington quad is the place to be on a day like today, and apparently every family that lives within a 10-mile radius of it seemed to agree. I saw really pregnant women everywhere. And kids, and dogs, and Asian model-esque girls strewn all over the tops of the cherry blossom trees there. Declan really wanted to be up on the trees, so Daniel scaled one and I hoisted the boy up to him. The boy, once again, shrieked with pleasure.

We had a really good time.

The restaurant we popped into in the University village for an informal dinner ended up serving Daniel the wrong entree. After apologizing, they decided to essentially give us the wrong entree for free while still serving his original order, just a little later. We were so stuffed at the end. It's funny, because I was a little worried about money as we were ordering but decided to trust that it'll be okay. As it turned out, yes.

This is one of the happiest days I've enjoyed in a really, really long time. Now if only Declan would go to bed peacefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...