Yesterday I ventured forth to Cape Manzamo and Nabee Beach via the university shuttle which has a stop about 15 minutes walk away from the above two locations. The fairly successful outing has emboldened me to try my luck tomorrow with the city bus number 120 to visit Ryukyu Village, and possibly a local supermarket via another university shuttle. Hope it goes well.
For today, we stuck close to campus (again). Aside from the three hour long downtime from 1 to 3pm when I homeschooled Dex and waited for the baby to complete his nap, we were on the move from 9am until almost 9pm.
Morning beach play date with a postdoc's family
Vegan lunch takeout
Karate lesson
(Fun fact: Karate originated from Okinawa)
Dinner / play date with a faculty member's family
Salad, veggie fried rice, red lentil soup with coconut milk, buckwheat with enoki mushrooms, and guacamole (not pictured)
I really like Okinawa. Especially the nontouristy parts. It was this way for Venice too.





No comments:
Post a Comment