Wednesday, October 26, 2016

a stall in nesting

Every room in our apartment has more or less been re-organized with a general reformation of overall structure. But I'm not completely done or satisfied with the nitty-gritty, and yet it's kind of like I don't want it to be done because I'm mildly afraid of being left truly with nothing to do, twiddling my thumbs. This is a completely irrational fear, of course, but I find myself saving a few boxes here and there in each room that still needs to be sorted. Every time I start to approach them, however, I just want to lie down and take a big nap. Instead, I forage the fridge and read another book. 

Grr, I just need to suck it up. The floors need to be swept and mopped too. I do want to be ready, so I need to make it happen.

I have gained so much weight at this point (from my pre-pregnancy weight of 56kg to now 72kg) that I no longer obsess about it. It is an annoying gnat that buzzes by with the occasional memory and incoming anticipation of my OB's passing remarks about my over-abundant diet and all the comments I get while browsing at the traditional market. How is it that most Taiwanese women don't gain much weight at all during pregnancies? I feel like a mutant trying to qualify as a normal person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...