Tuesday, April 29, 2014

things i want to do, in no particular order

- Handle daily finances for the family well; keep possessions at a need-based minimum, try to utilize public resources or secondhand places as first inquiry, give away/share/sell items we outgrow

- Actively support the people whose work Daniel and I partner with through financial sponsorship (as a start)

- Run at least a 5K (minimum 20-30 minutes) every day, with one rest day per week; 10K on Friday mornings (Saturday mornings after we leave Israel)

- Prepare nutritious meals/snacks with organic, farmer-to-table vegetables on a regular basis for the family

- Have a job outside of the family that enables me to contribute to better public discourse/critical thinking, but also leave me enough time to be available for the needs of my family and friends

- Spent less time on Facebook/Develop a better social network via letter-writing, phone calls, face-to-face meetings

- Be more consistent about (daily) intentional time spent with God

- Have a healthier (more consistent) bedtime schedule

- Keep a relatively tidy living space for the family

All of these things look entirely doable when laid out like this, and yet I feel like a description of my current life is so far from these hardly fantastical ideals. Why?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amy, It's been a while since I've caught up with you, but I really like your list. Maybe if you focused on one or two per year, and rotated in the goals annually, it would help to internalize them? That's just one way I might try to take some of your ideas and apply them in my own life. =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...