Tuesday, March 13, 2012

a low day

As soon as I saw the picture of little Nicholas getting ready for ski school in the same rented ski lodge in which I spent an early week of being pregnant with Declan, I knew that I should have just postponed the two classes I'm teaching this week so that my students' course would end one week later and to hell with two days of their after school arrangements. I don't know when's the next time we as a family could make it to Colorado for the annual extended family ski trip in March. Argh, hindsight.

News of Israel and Iran possibly going into a state of war. I'm sincerely praying about the situation daily, as we expect to move to Israel in September. It would be oh so ironic to have left China because I was concerned about its food safety and environmental effects on Declan, only to get bombed or something elsewhere.

Speaking of moving, my U.S. passport expires next year around this time. I'll need to renew it asap. It's too bad Israel doesn't recognize Taiwan as a country, so that I couldn't just use my Republic of China passport. There is definitely some irony in that.

Feeling so lethargic and tired lately. Sometimes I wonder if I should take antidepressants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...