Wednesday, November 23, 2011

a somber period of time

I miss Thanksgiving in the States. This is the one purely American holiday that I truly enjoy. When I was teaching, the Thanksgiving break usually marked the beginning of the end of the term. It made me thankful.

Right now my little family unit in China is going through a life-changing decision-making process. And I'm awash with differing emotions even within the same hour. The impact is even more pronounced on my husband, and I don't think he's taking it well at all. It touches upon deep character issues that he's never had to struggle with before. I had to go through them when I gave up my job, put my career on hold, became pregnant and then a mother, so I'm a bit restive to be in the same emotional place again with him. But I should be more compassionate.

Sigh. It is a relief to know that God has got us covered, no matter what choices we make. I also got a job offer today that I had to turn down. Always torn between wanting to stay home and care for my son full-time and having some work of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...